Student Planning is an online resource that provides students and advisors with the tools they need to plan and track progress toward degree completion. Students can use Student Planning to:
- Review and track degree requirements
- Create and adjust their academic plan
- Register for courses
- See how credits would apply to a different degree program.
Step One: View your progress toward degree completion using the “My Progress” screen
- The My Progress screen will show you which courses you have completed, which courses are in progress, and which requirements remain for degree completion
Step Two: Review and Adjust your Academic Plan
- Navigate to “Plan & Schedule,” then click on “Timeline” to review your Academic Plan
Step Three: Plan your Schedule
- Once your courses plan is finalized for the upcoming semester, use the Plan & Schedule screen to create your course schedule
Step Four: Register for classes using Student Planning
Step Five: Meet with your Academic Advisor to review your course selection
The My Progress screen allows you to track progress toward degree completion.
The My Progress screen displays degree requirements as one of the following:
- Not Started
You can also use the My Progress screen to view your current major, cumulative GPA, and total credits* earned toward degree completion.
*Developmental credits do not count toward degree completion and must be manually subtracted from the credit total.
The “View a New Program” button can be used by students considering a change of major. This function allows you to view the requirements in different majors, and how your current credits fit into these requirements.
Navigate to “Plan & Schedule,” then click on “Timeline” to review your Academic Plan
Your Academic Plan shows you the courses you need to graduate AND a suggested order to complete these courses. Your Academic Plan keeps you on track, helps you plan ahead for degree completion, and shows you how long it will take to complete your degree based on how many courses you take per semester
Once your course plan is finalized for the upcoming semester, you can plan your course schedule. You can view sections for the upcoming semester once the Schedule of Classes is published. The Schedule of Classes is published in October for spring registration; December for summer registration; and March for fall registration.
On the “Plan & Schedule” screen, view the semester you would like to schedule. Use the arrows to move between semesters. You can also add terms to your plan by using the “Add a Term” button on the Timeline View, or by planning a course in that term. For instance, if you would like to take a course in the Accelerated Five Term, if you plan a course in that Term, the Term will be added to your course plan.
Click “View Other Sections” to view all the available sections for each course you have planned. Be sure to view all pages for courses with multiple sections.
Once your semester schedule is planned, you can register for this schedule when registration opens for each term.
View the Academic and Registration Calendar for important dates for each semester and term, including refund and withdrawal deadlines
When registering for your classes, please note:
- You can use the “Register Now” button to register for all planned sections in a given term. If you try to register for a lab science lecture or lab section individually, you will receive an error message, as these sections must be registered simultaneously using the “Register Now” button.
- You must register for courses in each Term separately. For instance, if you have sections planned in the Fall and Accelerated Five Terms, you must register for the Fall sections and then register for the Accelerated Five Sections.
- Students with a cumulative GPA below 2.0 must meet with an academic advisor in order to register for classes.
You can locate and contact your Academic Advisor using Student Planning. Navigate to “Plan & Schedule,” then click “Advising”
Need help connecting with your advisor? Contact the Advising Office at email@example.com
Student Planning On-line Tutorials – View our short and helpful online tutorials!
Advisors are also here to assist you! Contact the Advising Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Hub at 732-255-0482 to connect with an advisor.
- Be aware of the Time, Dates and Location for each section you select.
- “This section has a waitlist” indicates that the section is full, but you can add your name to a waitlist for the section
- “This section is full” indicates the section is full and you cannot register for the section at this time
- Distance Learning courses will appear at the bottom of the calendar schedule
You can also use the filter to narrow course section selection by:
- Day of Week
- Time of Day
- Modality (In-Person, Distance Learning, Hy-Flex, Hybrid)