Requirements and Instructions
- The applicant must be an Ocean County resident.
- Applicant must upload a photocopy of Driver’s License or Non-Driver’s License obtainable through the Division of Motor Vehicles to certify In-County residency.
- Student ID is not acceptable.
- The address on the license must match the address on file at Ocean County College.
- Applicant must be registered and enrolled in an 皇冠365官方APP degree program.
- If not currently enrolled, please complete an Ocean County College Application for Admission before applying for scholarships.
- Applicant must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
Please note that some scholarships may require additional eligibility requirements.
- All applicants must file the 2023-24 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at http://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa
- Even if students are not eligible for federal financial aid (Pell Grant and loans), they still must complete it to determine income levels and financial needs.
- A transcript of grades.
- Unofficial copies are acceptable.
- If 10 years or more have elapsed since the student’s most recent educational experience, please contact the foundation office at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to complete this question on the application.
- A photocopy of the applicant’s Driver’s License or Non-Driver’s License obtainable through the Division of Motor Vehicles must be attached to certify in-county residency.
- A student ID is not acceptable.
- The address on the Driver’s License must match the address on the application and on file with the College.
- All applicants must provide an essay stating why they should receive a scholarship, keeping in mind, what distinguishes his/her need from others and sets them apart and also how they will benefit from receipt.
- Essay must be at least 250 words.
- Failure to comply with these guidelines and requirements will result in the rejection of the student’s application.
- Submitting an application is in no way a guarantee that a scholarship will be awarded.
- In most cases, The Foundation does not award scholarships to students receiving financial aid grants that fully fund their direct educational expenses (tuition & fees only). The amount of any scholarship will be determined after all federal and state grant aid has been deducted from the student’s direct educational expenses (tuition & fees only).
- In most cases, NJ STARS students are not eligible for 皇冠365官方APP Foundation scholarships unless they are a NJ STARS student taking more than 18 credits. The Foundation will consider paying for the additional credits for tuition only.
- Kean University students, including those taking 皇冠365官方APP classes, are not eligible for 皇冠365官方APP Foundation scholarships.
- Jump Start and Academy Students applications can be found at Jump Start/Academy Students Application Website
- Workforce and Professional Education Grant Opportunities Grants can be found at Workforce and Professional Grant Application Website
Scholarship Payment Information
- Scholarships are applied to tuition & fees only.
- Scholarship awards are paid directly to the student’s accounts at Ocean County College. Should a student have a balance, the scholarship will go directly to pay down the balance. If there are any remaining funds, the student will receive payment at the end of the semester.
- Scholarship dollar amounts are contingent upon full-time enrollment. Any student taking less than 12 credits will have their scholarship prorated unless otherwise noted by the donor.
- After the first day of classes, any student dropping a course is at risk of having their scholarship prorated. Scholarship funds are not released until after the drop date. The student will be held responsible for any resulting balance.
- The 皇冠365官方APP Foundation reserves the right to deny future funding to any student who drops courses which they cannot be held accountable for or any student who fails to complete a course without dropping.
- Application Opens: 2/5/24
- Application Deadline: 04/22/24
Fall Award Application
- Application Opens: 5/30/24
- Application Deadline: 08/16/24
To complete if you have been denied our general scholarship opportunity.
Early College – Spring Application Closing Date – 3/8/24
Other Scholarship Opportunities
EduMed Medical and Healthcare Scholarships
Apply through March 2020